piano refinishing

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 06:42:33 -0500

Hi All,
I would advise that anyone just getting in to refinishing go straight to
the route of water borne finishes.  Because of the coming environmental
rules, and the safety resulting from using non-explosives has a lot of
weight going for it.  With the HVLP spray systems it is even more
attractive.  This is the future.  I have used this stuff and systems for a
few years now and it is the way to go, especially if you do this in a shop
that is in or attached to your home.  I get great results and why bother to
learn how to use the old" materials when the new ones works so well.  If
you honestly work with the WB its works better than solvent based,
especially when you don't have to unlearn certain habits. IMHO
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
 St. Louis, MO.
Competent Service since 1962
 Do what is right and do no harm
         Creator of  Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
pianoman@inlink.com