Piano Trucks are a detriment to tone?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 08:04:06 EDT

<< Hello,
     Our faculty is considering replacing the casters on a Steinway D
 with a piano truck.  Where can I find some research showing what affect
 this has (if any) on piano tone?  What do you think?
 -Mike Jorgensen RPT >>

There are a lot of factors that can effect the tone of the piano, but I don't
think putting the piano on a piano truck is going to make any difference. Jim
Grebe contents that placing the piano on caster cups will effect the tone, and
perhaps putting the piano on a piano truck would have the same effect. But
even if there was a difference, it would far outweigh the effect the piano has
one someone's legs, if the legs on the piano should collaps when it was rolled
accross the floor, and one of them broke.

Just my opinion.

Willem Blees