Piano Trucks are a detriment to tone? opinion

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 11:05:13 -0500

Hi,
	All my evidence is subjective, but up to the point of the vibration of the
piano through the legs into the dolly would still be true UNTIL the rubber
wheels of the dolly absorbing vibration.  The advantage for moving the
piano far outweigh the difference in sound, if any.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
 St. Louis, MO.
Competent Service since 1962
 Do what is right and do no harm
         Creator of  Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
pianoman@inlink.com

----------
> From: Wimblees@aol.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Piano Trucks are a detriment to tone?
> Date: Friday, September 04, 1998 7:04 AM

> << Hello,
>      Our faculty is considering replacing the casters on a Steinway D
>  with a piano truck.  Where can I find some research showing what affect
>  this has (if any) on piano tone?  What do you think?
>  -Mike Jorgensen RPT >>
>

> There are a lot of factors that can effect the tone of the piano, but I
don't
> think putting the piano on a piano truck is going to make any difference.
Jim
> Grebe contents that placing the piano on caster cups will effect the
tone, and
> perhaps putting the piano on a piano truck would have the same effect.
But