Size and Sound opinion

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 07:55:20 -0500

Hi Ed,
	You did not mention if price were a consideration.  Any Yamaha  C-3 or
higher would be excellent.  Other pianos I would think you would consider
would be the Charles Walter grand, the Baldwin L.  I did not mention Kawai
because I haven't tuned any brand new ones lately.  If you can go up to 7'
the Mason & Hamlin "BB" would be my top choice" as it is my 'dream' piano.
As for as volume, you can always keep the lid down, but why.  I have tuned
a 9' Baldwin SD-10 in a small living room at a piano teachers house and it
sounds quite well.  I think money is the key, how much.  Your skill will
allow you to control the volume to your tastes. JMHO.

James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
 St. Louis, MO.
Competent Service since 1962
 Do what is right and do no harm
 Creator of  Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano  Peripherals

pianoman@inlink.com