Size and Sound

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 06:51:05 -0700 (PDT)

>...I am torn between the 7 foot piano of my dreams(which I fear may
>be too much piano for the room), the 6'1 that practicality urges and the
>6'4 compromise...
>
>...It's become more of a technical issue than a price or preference one, so I
>am hoping some of you can shed some light on how I should make my decision.
>edzubrow@nh.ultranet.com (ed zubrow)

By your post you indicate that size is your concern, and not price nor
model preference.  If all these statments are as stated, then what truly is
a at stake here isŠchoosing the piano that plays (feels/touch) and sounds
like the 7' piano of your dreams, but not necessarily a 7' piano per se.

The piano makes and sizes you have mentioned are all quality instruments.
Play your repetoire on all these pianos.  Surely some will drop by the
wayside revealing the direction for you to go.  The key is which one of
those pianos remaining makes your soul zing, makes you want to be near it.
If none of those do that for you, wait and shop some more.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731