damper removal

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 16:27:26 EDT

<< List , I would like to get some different ideas on damper head removal.

 I pull as much of the old dampers off as will come off & what ever
 doesn't come off I soak with vinegar. This works ok but is quite messy &
 tends to get on other parts of the action. I'm looking for a less messy
 method of removal.

 Thanks for any input,
 Dick-------Louisiana  >>

I presume you are talking aobut vertical dampers. I would recommend you remove
the dampers from the action. Then use your vineger to remove the damper felts
from the heads.

Willem Blees
St. Louis