1947 Lester

Kevin Way kway@sofnet.com
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 17:53:18 -0500

Is there anyone in the group that would have knowledge of this piano. It =
is a 1947 Lester, it has a horizontal plate & strings like grand pianos. =
The hammers strike downward rather than upward like a grand. The case is =
23-3/8" deep and 39-3/4" long, it stands 31-1/2" tall. This piano is =
shaped like a square grand. The piano has four legs, lyre with two =
pedals (one is there for looks). The plate is marked Pratt & Reed patt. =
applied for. I have seen several small grand's, one was a 3'8" 65 note. =
My questions are!

 Does anyone know the intended use for these piano?=20

Were these pianos sold under names.

Would there be any value on these pianos at all?

I know there is no tonal quality in this piano and never will be. It =
would be nice to know a little history about the piano, even though it =
is worthless as far as performance.

Kevin Way
SWMPPS
kway@sofnet.com