Introduction and story

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 23:14:54 -0500 (CDT)

>     I went to tune at a local theatre playhouse last week, they wanted the
>performance(?!) Wurlitzer studio tuned for rehearsal, then again for the
>show this week. It hadn't been moved to the rehearsal hall, so the stage
>manager told me to tune the old upright that was in the corner, instead.
>When I lifted the lid I discovered that someone had stapled nine 1-pound
>bags of silica gel to the top of the pinblock so that they hung down
>against the tuning pins, but could be conveniently swung up onto the top of
>the pinblock in the event that the piano ever needed to be tuned :-)  Some
>were leaking crystals into the action, so while I didn't end up tuning that
>piano, I thought I'd prevent them from causing further damage and just get
>them out of there. But where? I  decided I'd just stick them underneath in
>the trapwork area, and when I took off the bottom board, there were at
>least a dozen down there already! Look out Dampp-Chaser!
>
> Ken Jankura
> Newburg, PA

Sounds like the plot of a Fellini (sp) movie. In any case, welcome to the
fray. You have apparently already learned one of the most important lessons
adhering to this profession, in relation to PTG membership. That is, always
attend meetings with an empty bladder.

Best of luck, condolences, and all support on a survivalist attitude. Always
remember: Murphy was an optimist.

 Ron