damper removal

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 00:39:29 EDT

<<
 List , I would like to get some different ideas on damper head removal.

 I pull as much of the old dampers off as will come off & what ever
 doesn't come off I soak with vinegar. This works ok but is quite messy &
 tends to get on other parts of the action. I'm looking for a less messy
 method of removal.

 Thanks for any input,
 Dick-------Louisiana

Try mixing wallpaper removal and water.  Works well, but be sure not to soak
it on parts you do not want to remove.  Does take time and patience and you do
not want to remove any wood.  Let the chemicles do the work.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR