tape on keys

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Sun, 06 Sep 1998 21:47:10 -0400

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> I don't have any problem at all with practical responses to super simple
> technical and/or customer relations questions. I've learned tons of terrific
> tips and tricks just by listening in. It's just that the topic hardly merits
> three days and forty posts saying essentially the same thing, does it?
> Besides, I was pointing out to Jim Harvey, and anyone else who cared to read
> it, what I've come to believe is the reason for the huge volume of postings
> on a subject of this nature, and the relatively low volume of discussion on
> more complex technical points. The price in embarrassment is lower for being
> "wrong", and the list membership's experience with something like this is
> far greater than if you were talking about - say, casting plates. You will
> note that I clutter up the list with replies (often "wrong") to questions of
> this level just about as often as anyone else. My observation wasn't
> intended to be either flattering, or abusive - just accurate.
>
> >Ron,
> >
> >Yes you are in trouble.
> >
> >I am under the impression that one purpose of a listserve is to exchange
> >PRACTICAL ideas as well as technical.  Although new to the list, I am not
> >new to the profession, and the fact is most of us deal daily with such
> >practical challenges.  While discussion on inharmonicity, sring tension,
> >temperament and acoustic theory are enlightening and helpful, so is learning
> >how to convince a client NOT to allow their hampster loose in the house (to
> >do a magnitude of damage to an action only a rodent could do), how to remove
> >dampers easily (instead of yanking them off with a pair of needlenose
> >pliers, which was the first technique I was taught), and certainly how to
> >remove sticky stuff (tape being only ONE of the varieties of sticky I have
> >encountered... some a little less mentionable) are more than fair game for
> >serious and INTELLIGENT conversation...
> >
> >Anyone else feel the way I do?
> >
> >Doug
> >

>  Ron

Hey folks, I use my delete button a whole lot.  If a topic doesn't
interest me, it goes into the trash.

I won't ever get into plate castings...but I may read a post or two.  As
far as I'm, concerned, everyone's input is valuable.  Hey, if I take goo
off a keytop and ruin it, I'm in trouble.

All of us start from the same point in the begining.  So I appreciate
all input. Hey, even I see some discussions that seem absurdly
elementary, but at one time, I asked the same questions.

Don't sweat it, delete it!  Life's to short!
--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member