Diesels (was Petrof, and Petrof, and...)

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 09:30:08 -0400

[Off topic, with apologies]

I must comment on your comment, Dale.

The abnormal tire wear is well-documented, at least it was, on the Chrysler
usenet group. And, I'm not enthusiastic about SoCal's "sweet" diesel, so
good luck on the Grapevine/other -- you may need to bolt on other stuff to
compensate, especially for towing. Regardless, I think you made the right
choice.

So, after you install the Road Ranger and the split axle, would you
consider mounting dual stacks (chrome please) and re-routing the exhaust?
Also replace the stock tires with something else? Then, if it's not too
much trouble, would you add a "Jake" brake? A pyrometer would look neat
on/under the dash. Let's see. Oh yes, dual fuel tanks, to really generate a
smile when passing over-priced fuel stops. Cab clearance lights, preferably
in 1-3-1 grouping -- gotta have 'em.

Then, can I have it when you die? Your estate can keep the trailer, the
tack stuff, and the trailer passengers! In spite of my contempt for
Chrysler products, I want this truck... just not willing to sell my house
to get one. No hurry -- I can't wait! ;-}

(In case it's unclear, this entire message is supposed to be light-spirited).

At 11:34 AM 8/4/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>
>Just had to comment on a couple things in your e-missive.

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net