pianos that arrive unregulated.

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue, 08 Sep 1998 01:49:02 -0400

Sy,
I'm not sure what you said but since I do not tune much
(less than 50 pianos in my tuning base), I can pick the pianos
I wish to tune. I do not like that piercing tone from certain makes.
This does not include recent Yamahas and Kawais.

Uprights in general, for sure; don't take 'em, except for the dozen
in the Cape Cod Conservatory and 1or 2 friends. and that's too many.

Mostly I buy and sell reconditioned or used pianos as well as
restoration for individuals and the CCC. It's all I can do to keep
up with the shop work let alone trying to keep a multitude of
pianos in tune. I refer that to local people who prefer to tune,
they in turn send the repair work my way. It is a good working
relationship which has developed over the years.

If someone wants a good grand tuned and I can fit it in, I'll do it;
otherwise I'm like BB when it comes to ET, someone else can do it.

Nothing wrong with spreading the work around.

Jon Page