S&S Damper Pedal question..

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Wed, 09 Sep 1998 16:34:34 -0400

I tuned an *M* today..circa 1920..the customer is a very good player
with developing arthritis..she was wondering if I could possibly make
the damper pedal easier for her to play..I replaced the leaf spring
for her..It was broken..but she wants a *lighter* touch on this
pedal...there's not a whole lot of adjustment there..i have it now to
where there's about 3/4 to 1 inch of play in the pedal, which to me is
a false lightness..that seem to make her happy for now..it won't for
very long..

Is there a way to modify this trapwork so it will play lighter for
her?

And as a side note:..I tuned this Piano today in the Perfect 5ths
Temperment..as I was tuning it I was explaining it to her..she
admitted it was kinda Greek to her, but she LOVED how it
sounded..Octaves 6 and 7 never sounded better to her...Thank you Mr.
Coleman Sr. SIR..!!