Knights

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 18:12:29 -0500

Hi All,
Read Steve Brady's article in the Journal today.  I guess we all have been
the guy that just got outed and the new guy just in.  I try to remember
when all the times clients have called me, unhappy with who they had used
before.  I truthfully can't think of a time when , in my opinion, the
complaint was valid as far as the quality of work.
	I remember a person who had just had a lady tuner in our town take care of
their piano.  I got called in about a month later to retune the piano.  I
found nothing wrong with the tuning , considering it was a month later.
This particular client was a lady and I think she had a problem with
another lady doing the tuning.  Who knows.  I have followed others also and
the previous tuner may have said something innocently that the client
didn't agree with and the tuner became history.
	We had, have, one fellow here who is a devout Christian who proselytes
everyone he meets including every customer he has.  I got a few of his and
haven't got any lately so maybe he has toned himself down.
	I have found long ago not to trumpet the getting of a client from a
competitor.  The same thing can happen and does to me.  I have trouble
keeping my mouth shut also and know I have lost many.
	The point is, is that I feel much better getting a client from anywhere
rather than the loss of some other tuners client list.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
 St. Louis, MO.
Competent Service since 1962
 Do what is right and do no harm
 Creator of  Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano  Peripherals

pianoman@inlink.com