Piano Technician's Newsgroup

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 18:27:12 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings, all:

For those of you who have full Internet access, USENET--which is a
group of about 40,000 special-interest newsgroups, where you both
read and post articles, as well as respond to them either publical-
ly, or privately--is offering a new newsgroup:

		alt.music.piano-technicians

I have not yet seen it, but those of you with the time may find it
worth checking out. Remember, however, that such new groups usually
take several months to develop a following. For years, I have sub-
scribed to a number of such newsgroups on a varity of topics and,
while they all contain a certain amount of spam, and questions and
opinions by obvious neophytes, they can also contain the in-put of
some surprisingly heavy-duty professionals, too. The trick lies in
being able to distinuish one from the other.  :)

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net