Damper Lift Rod reply

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:14:02 -0500

Hi Paul,
More than likely, one or more of the damper rail hangers have come undone
from the rail.  Remove the action and take loose the end brackets and you
can slide out the rails to inspect.  Repair by new hanger and soldering and
or braising and filing down smooth and bending the hangers to adjust form
uniform lift.  Hope this helps.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
 St. Louis, MO.
Competent Service since 1962
 Do what is right and do no harm
 Creator of  Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano  Peripherals

pianoman@inlink.com