Knights

Dan Eumurian cen09460@centuryinter.net
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:34:46 -0600

In a message dated 9/10/98 7:29:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
rob_sv@email.msn.com writes:

<< I lost a couple early on because I was too gung-ho in reporting every
last
 little thing about their pianos:  bridge cracks in treble or bass -
things
 that weren't going to make much difference in the short run, and which
 could've presented differently in the long run (and repaired).  "Insult
my
 fine piano, will ya?  Begone!"

 Rob Stuart-Vail >>

I've had generally good results by using analogies:

"I can do the tuning alone, but there are some symptoms that could use
attention. If you'd like, we can look at the conditions (such as
humidity fluctuation) that have produced the symptoms."

"Repairing the bass bridge and soundboard will set a better foundation
for the tuning."

"I can do a Chevy job or I can do a Cadillac job, depending on your
priorities and timetable." (I'd better not use this with my customer
who's a retired Ford dealer.)

Dan Eumurian, R.P.T.
1634 Barlow St.
(beautiful) La Crosse (between the beautiful Mississippi River and the
beautiful bluffs) ;) , WI 54601
(608) 78-TUNER