Calibrating electronic players

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:03:36 EDT

List -

How does one calibrate the soft playing level on a Disklavier?  Ditto for a
Pianodisc system?  I have one each among my customer base, customers who say
it makes a scant difference when set to play softly.  I have observed this to
be true.  I have been given to understand that it is possible to learn
calibrating the soft playing level without learning the whole nine yards of
servicing either system.

While I restore and service pneumatic players (have one of them that plays too
loud, too), I have my hands too full keeping up with my present priorities
(which include servicing a 2900+ customer base) to get into a new field.  I
just want to be able to help in any possible way when I am there to tune the
piano.

Bill Maxim, RPT