WD-40 rebuttal

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:38:09 -0500

Hi Dick,
Yes WD-40 has an odor.  I know it stands for water displacement and that is
why I like it for sluggish actions due to moisture and it also works to
free up tight centers from lack of use.  Yes, I have found that most of the
time it  does work successfully for this for a long time.  I use it on felt
bushings all the time.  As I said before I was underwhelmed with the use of
Protek, silicone spray and the rest.  We can agree to disagree on our
personal observations.  As to the fellow with the B, I would hope your S &
S wouldn't get the chance to get sluggish because of lack of use or too
much moisture.	This whole subject again is turning into a vitriolic stance
against those who have used this product successfully in certain
situations.  Us users have a right to our beliefs based on our experience.
Do not resort to name calling type phrases to try to prove a point.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
 St. Louis, MO.
Competent Service since 1962
 Do what is right and do no harm
 Creator of  Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano  Peripherals

pianoman@inlink.com