answer to mystery noise #2

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:47:15 -0500

Today I serviced a Hobart M Cable spinet.  As far as spinets go this ONE
was not so bad.  There WAS a clicking noise when I pressed the damper
pedal but intermitent.  To make a long story short, I discovered a tack in
the sole of my shoe near the toe that apparently caused a click when I
pressed the pedal but only when the shoe was in the right position.  The
client was very interested in how I was tracking down this noise, and when
I discovered the tack we were both delighted that persistant sluthing lead
to a solution.

Ric Who-ray-me!