WD-40 rebuttal

Mike Imbler MIKE-IMBLER@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 23:22:24 -0500

James, I have learned from your posts, and enjoyed your observations.  I
certainly did not intend to portray a vitriolic stance (I couldn't even
spell that without checking your post!).  I have practiced as a mechanical
engineer for over twenty years, and have my opinion on the topic, but I
thought I had made it clear that I was not contradicting other's practical
experience, but trying to add my personal observations to the discussion!

PS.   You're right, my S&S is never going to get sluggish due to lack of
use or too much moisture!

                               Best Regards,  Mike
----------
> From: pianoman <pianoman@inlink.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: WD-40 rebuttal
> Date: Friday, September 11, 1998 10:38 PM
>
> Hi Dick,
> Yes WD-40 has an odor.  I know it stands for water displacement and that
is
> why I like it for sluggish actions due to moisture and it also works to
> free up tight centers from lack of use.  Yes, I have found that most of
the
> time it  does work successfully for this for a long time.  I use it on
felt
> bushings all the time.  As I said before I was underwhelmed with the use
of
> Protek, silicone spray and the rest.  We can agree to disagree on our
> personal observations.  As to the fellow with the B, I would hope your S
&
> S wouldn't get the chance to get sluggish because of lack of use or too
> much moisture.	This whole subject again is turning into a vitriolic
stance
> against those who have used this product successfully in certain
> situations.  Us users have a right to our beliefs based on our
experience.
> Do not resort to name calling type phrases to try to prove a point.
> James Grebe
> R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
>  St. Louis, MO.
> Competent Service since 1962
>  Do what is right and do no harm
>  Creator of  Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano
Peripherals

> pianoman@inlink.com
>
> ----------
> > From: Dick Beaton <rbeaton@initco.net>
> > To: pianotech@ptg.org
> > Subject: Re: WD-40
> > Date: Friday, September 11, 1998 9:57 PM
> >
> > Hi all..
> > WD-40 stinks...literally!  Thw WD stands for water dispersal.  WD-40 is
> not
> > really a lubricant.  It loosens up stuck nuts, etc.  I surely wouldnt
use
> it
> > on a felt bushing!!!!!
> > Dick MT