Impeachment??--decidely off topic

Norm Barrett barre46@ibm.net
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 00:11:41 -0500

JIMRPT@aol.com wrote:

> Et al;
>  This post is not about impeachment or non impeachment, rather it is about our
> Country.  Whether you are a supporter of our President or his opposition, take
> a few minutes today and in the days to come, to say a prayer for our Country,
> or at least a few moments to send positive thoughts to the universe for our
> Country.
>   We will all need those prayers and thoughts, I'm afraid, in the days to
> come.
> Jim Bryant (FL)

I thought the following quote that I received was very interesting.

Notable Quote
      "Yes, the president should resign. He has lied to the American
people, time and time again, and betrayed their trust. He is no longer
an effective leader. Since he has admitted guilt, there is no reason to
put the American people through an impeachment. He will serve absolutely
no purpose in finishing out his term. The only possible solution is for
the president to saver some dignity and resign."

- William Jefferson  Clinton, 1974 on President Nixon