In defense of TAR (Was S&S retrofit rails ?)

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 19:00:12 -0700 (PDT)

>...As long as warts are accepted as beauty marks without question, there is no
>reason whatsoever for them to change anything...
>Ron

Hi again, Ron, List,

So you'll know, Ron, that I don't have any less respect for your views just
because you are an advocate for changes in a major manufacturer's product,
I equally hope and trust you don't feel any less respect for the following
views I am about to post.

Here is my succinct philosophy on this whole Steinway thing.  You did ask,
didn't you? <g>

1) Those that want to modify or re-engineer older Steinways that they
themselves own, let them, but advise any potential buyer of the customized
modifications.
2) Those that want to modify or re-engineer older Steinways that others
own, let them get permission prior to the customized modifications.
3) Those that want Steinway to modify, customize, or re-engineer their own
pianos to their way of thinking, you've got to be kidding.

One significant consolation can occur however, if Steinway ever does come
around to your way of thinking somewhere down the road, and if you are
still alive when they do, you can proudly say, "I told you so."

Fraternally,

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician