Binding Hammer Flange

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 08:11:59 -0600

Richard,  I hope that he ment the same size pin too.  A week ago , working
an old Lester 52" upright, I had the similar situation. The birds eye was
size 24 and the bushings were shot.
As I only have one size larger before using a finishing nail, <G>  I
decided to try to shrink the hole size,  The problem in my mind was how to
do this without having a birds eye with a serious travel needs.
Filling the hole and letting it dry would have called for the use of
drilling by hand as there was not a drill press at hand. Sooooooo using
water to swell the wood, and drying with my Unger heat source and freezing
the wood with CA glue the birds eye now was a size 19
and did not need any traveling. I must have been lucky. Any way I would do
this repair again when the same size parts are not available, new or used,
or if it is an old clunker like this Lester
Joe Goss