Rail Flex

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 10:42:39 -0400

I applied the pressure to the rail as it sat in position,
secured to the key frame on the keybed.
Balance rails studs were in contact.

>we honestly believe our system works as well as, if not
>better than, anything else out there.
>Stephen Dove, Steinway & Sons, New York

Hence the assumption that flexing is desireable.

When I hit a key on the M (bass section) with a forte blow,
I can see other hammers jump slightly across the section.
Same procedure on the C7, if there is any of the other
hammers jumping it is very difficult to distinguish.
The Knabe was not assembled for this comparison.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)