In defense of TAR (Was S&S retrofit rails ?)

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 10:53:36 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/98 9:32:42 AM, jpage@capecod.net wrote:

<<There, I've just come up with two ways to secure the rail.>>
Well yeah you did that......... buuuut only at the point of the pin. this
doesn't address the expansion and contraction of the wooden rails.  The
Delignit rails probably would cure this but then Delignit is no longer really
wood, is it? :-)
  Further as the bolts holding the rail loosen their hold due to this
expansion and contraction the very flexibilty you are railing against begins
to get worse and worse as further E/C loosening happens.

  Action stack frames w/rails 'could be' cast of kevlar thus removing 'all
possibilities' of unwanted movement............perhaps we could get Kelly
Johnson and the "Skunk Works" to work on this for us at "area 51" :-)

BTW I had someone say they were getting two copies of my posts, list and
personal.  Is anyone else having this happen with my posts??
Jim Bryant (FL)