Whew!

Ed Carwithen musicman@eoni.com
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 16:10:59 -0700

Tuned an old Upton upright Sat.  I have tuned it several times, and left it
at A=435, 20 c flat.  Generally no problem.  This time it was at +35 cents.

The client has recent purchased a "swamp cooler."  Cooling device that
pulls room air through a mat of wet straw.  The whole house felt damp, and
had a musty smell.  The piano had obviously absorbed the moisture.

I managed to lower the pitch to A=440 without breaking anything, but
how...I just don't know.  I think I may have sold a damp chaser to this
family.

Wonder what will happen when the weather cools off, and they start using
their wood stove for heat?

ain't life interesting???

Ed Carwithen
John Day, OR