Regulating rail treatment

Mike Swendsen mike.swendsen@shaw.wave.ca
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:52:40 -0600

A number of years ago I found an old power supply out of a pinball machine.
One of it's outputs was about 12 volts.   I hooked up a set of leads off of
that and made a handle that had two thin flat metal ( strapping steel)
pieces.. one on either side of a wooden block.  These were made to be able
to fit in between flanges.  With this system you can dead short electricity
through a frozen center pin, heating it, and freeing it.  It has since been
used to free regulating screws.  Actually, it works better for that.     If
you leave the 'pin zapper' hooked up too long it will actually scorch, the
flange bushings.  But it is fast.
Mike