where do the broken needles go?

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:33:02 -0500 (CDT)

Sheesh!

One of the items on my list today at one of my colleges, about an hour's
drive away, was to voice the treble down on one of the grands. I tuned it
and went to my case to find my voicing tool. Gone. I rummaged around in the
stygian depths of the case in mounting annoyance. No voicing tool. Shazbatt!
Am I going to have to sharpen a piece of piano wire and clamp it in my
Vise-Grips? Argh! Where the heck did it go? When did I use it last? Then I
remembered I had used it right here on this very piano about three weeks ago
when I did some 'round one' preliminary voicing. Nah. You don't suppose.
Sure enough, when I pulled the fallboard, there my voicing tool was grinning
at me.

It's embarrassing, but I guess it's true. God does look out for children and
fools.

Reunited with my voicing tool, but probably little the wiser for it,

 Ron