pianotech-digest V1997 #1144

Andy&Chris Taylor tempola@swbell.net
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:24:15 -0500

Susan wrote
Don Mannino can no doubt tell you about all this. I've seen ABS flanges and
jacks and maybe wippens, but I don't think I've seen butts yet. I wonder
how ABS hammer flanges would stand up to player use, as compared to wood.
Don? Has anybody ever tried that?
I seen an complete kawaii "model" action that did have an ABS butt. It might
be a reasonable replacement for pianos such as players that do receive hard
use. It certainly would not be so sensitive to humidity changes.

IMO, ABS might be the answer. info please Don? as long as the ABS doesn't
"time out" like those god awful spinet elbows, and fall apart internally, It
might be superior to wood. where would I inquire about getting some of these
parts? Schaff doesn't list them.

Andy