Binding Hammer Flange

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:18:19 -0500

----------
> From: Joe & Penny Goss <imatunr@primenet.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Binding Hammer Flange
> Date: Sunday, September 13, 1998 9:11 AM
>
> Richard

>A week ago , working
> an old Lester 52" upright, I had the similar situation. The birds eye
was
> size 24 and the bushings were shot.
> As I only have one size larger before using a finishing nail, <G>

The Schaff set with dispenser goes three sizes higher, 24.5, 25, and 26.
For what I really don't know except for those who don't realize the butt
is split. Yes, some of my opinions are based on experience.  If it wobbles
on the c pin fergettit!   Well mabye sizing with CA might work but for all
that trouble if it is a critical note I might be tempted to rob Peter to
pay Paul. (switch butts and hammers IF the jack will match).

Richard Thinpin