where do the broken needles go?

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 07:06:40

At 09:07 AM 9/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>"It's embarrassing, but I guess it's true."
>
>Hey Ron, at least you found your tool.  I have 'lost' or 'misplaced'
>almost a complete set of tools in pianos, especially those expensive
>Japanese capstan wrenches.  At least I know I am not alone.
>
>God bless our poor brains.
>
>        Newton

There's always the other side of this, Newton. You have preserved
(piecemeal) an entire set of "vintage" tools for someone else to find.

I picked up a real treasure one day when I had only tuned for a year
or so: a beautiful old letoff tool, octagonal handle of rosewood, nice
shallow opening so the letoff screws don't twist and break. It was under
an inch of dust on the floor of a very old, neglected upright. I've
used it almost every day ever since.

Bless your generous absent-mindedness ...

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370