Keytop Adhesives

BSimon1234@aol.com BSimon1234@aol.com
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:35:07 EDT

<<Does anyone know of a good, non-toxic keytop adhesive? >>

Who cares? It seems to me like the non-toxic glues are lousy glues for plastic
to wood. I like the idea of actually getting slight dissolution of the plastic
into the pores of the wood, leaving no gummy lines when cured. I made up some
keytop samples over 20 years ago using just the keytop material dissolved in
acetone, which made a nice glue, that "bit" into the plactic and the wood. All
are in perfect attachment today.

All you people who use the rubber cement glues! - Think of all the adhesive
labels you have seen fall off of jars four to ten years after you put parts in
the jars and set them on a shelf. If everyone is so concerned with doing a
good job for posterity, I do not know how they can use materials that later
oxidize and turn to dust later. Does anyopne know of any longevity study of
rubber cement glues? - All I have seen were the failures.

Why not just use the toxic glues properly, with ventilation or whatever? ( I
am assuming that by toxic you mean having solvents in them that you injure you
if you drank them)

B. Simon
Phoenix