like mother like daughter

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:02:26 -0400

... and from the 70's and the Los Angeles chapter, some that pre-dated Teri
Meredyth: Martha Riley, Claudia (Ellison) Cooke, Lindasue Darling, and
Emily (Goya) Hilbert. None of these were second generation. They had either
completed their "load-bearing" functions, or, had no inclination to begin
doing so. Others, off-the-top: Kathy Gilkey and Pam Consoli, Pomona, CA;
Karla Pfennig, Austin TX;  Christy Cornetta and Joyce Meekins, DC area;
Aiko Porter, Arizona; Anne Doefler, Ohio. And so forth, notwithstanding
existing members of this list who are obviously known -- Jeannie, both
Gina's, Susan, and so on.

I didn't realize this was gonna be a test. Where is this going? I think
Jeannie's thought is accurate -- the female technicians began joining and
participating some time in the 70's. Personal knowledge of the few above
would indicate that the pursuit of this field seems to be before having
families, or after having finished rearing same, therefore allowing the
necessary time and freedom for the pursuit. Due to timing/circumstance and
numbers, statistics are practically non-existant... and useless. A far
better subject would be the intensity with which female technicians pursue
their piano technical education compared to their male counterparts. Of
those I've known, most are... AWESOME, and I'm proud to know them! This
could segue to another subject, and an area I don't want to go. 8-}

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net
  Cars can leak, but not smoke. Diesels can smoke, but not leak.
 				  - someone in Washington DC?