humidity+pinblock work

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:47:02 -0400

Hello Wim,

Thank you very much for your explanation, I also tried with different epoxy
materials, I like research,
I never said anything, because I still have a doubt.

One of the things that helps keep the grip is its coeficient of elasticity,
I donīt think epoxy has been long enough on the market to prove that it
wonīt degrade somehow.

I have worked on pianos whicha are over 100 years sometimes, and a well
treated wood, and well cared for proved to be still in good condition.

I said this in an earlier post, but I can repeat it.
I still remember some of the first pianoactions that came with plastic parts
in them, and were advertized by manufacturers as proven that plastic would
overlast wood. Now a day I have a whole collection of these pianos in good
working order except for the plastic parts (elbows and buts) I think
everyone knows which I am refering to,

Elian Degen
Piano Tuner and Technician
Caracas, Venezuela  degen@telcel.net.ve
Phone 58-2-748547/ 58-14-9222981 Fax 58-2-748547