briddle straps

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 22:01:08 -0500

----------
> From: Wimblees@aol.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: briddle straps
> Date: Tuesday, September 15, 1998 9:10 AM
> I don't know which the supply houses have them, but why do you need an
> inserter for clip on bridle straps?  Why don't you use your fingers?
It's not
> that hard.
>
> Willem Blees

While I agree, I have found it easier to do it with large bent forceps.
Especially if they have been in and a few have fallen out, and using
fingers knocks more out.  Hold it to the catcher shaft with tweezers and
snap it in with the forceps. Or was that vice versa? Then apply a drop of
pvc-e, glue or fabric glue, (which methinks is the same) or someone elses
bungles will become your legacy.

Ric The Click Fixer