Groovy Hammers

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:30:28 -0600

Hi Rob,
       I use a coarse file and just two 45 degree passes at the bottom of
the tail. The grooves should not need to be deep, more important is a 4-5
inch consistant arc with the checks set at the correct rake. The rep spring
should just lift a 1 gram weight consistantly. Rep spring tension has a lot
to do with consistent check height.
Call me if you want more in depth data, or else I'll be writing a book. Grin.
Regards Roger

At 12:42 PM 16/09/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Greetings Everyone!
>
>	OK, spot quiz time....
>
>	What do you use to groove/roughen the tails on a newly installed set
>of grand hammers?
>
>	Eagerly awaiting a flood of responses...
>

>Rob Kiddell,
>Registered Piano Technician, PTG
>atonal@planet.eon.net

Roger Jolly