Retail prices & piano teachers et al.

J Patrick Draine draine@tiac.net
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 17:24:50 -0500

Dear list:
A short while ago, a list member asked for pricing advice on items sold.
I am (blowing off steam) and asking the list how they deal with music
teachers, church music directors, et al. who ask for a price on an artist's
bench, or a grand piano truck, and then proceed to give you flack for
daring to get a reasonable profit on the deal. These otherwise wonderful
customers themselves receive various musical supply catalogs which list
these items at prices very near our piano supply house wholesale prices
("Gee I got a piano truck for $250 only five years ago", to quote an
otherwise delightful music director).
What do YOU do?

Aargh!
Patrick Draine