Grommets

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:32:48 -0400

Thanks for the response, Karen.

Actually, I've tried both Schaff & APSCO for the grommets. They both have
them, but when I need them (as in remember to include in an order), they
show up on my packing list as out-of-stock. I delay the project (including
advising the client), and later the same scenario is repeated.

I'm considering a 'hard' list instead of inventory, job or project specific
list. An inventory tracking system doesn't always work with
expendable/replenishable supplies, since they are used up over time, not as
units. This simple list can always be reviewed prior to ANY order. In my
mind, it's similar to a grocery list -- milk, bread and other "constants"
are always listed.

Broad headers could be included, like Glue/Adhesives, Action Components,
Tools/Fixtures, Cloth/Felt/Punchings, etc., as substitutes for Dairy,
Bakery, Canned Goods, and so on.

For piano work, grommets would normally be parts, not an expendable
material , but in this case, having 'em on such a list becomes a memory
jogger.

At 05:48 PM 9/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> I'm still having a time finding the grommets!
>
>I replaced a set of grommets a couple of years ago.  I got them from Schaff.
>
>Karen Johnson

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net
It's only a piano.