need help w/Baldwin Grand noise

JR450@AOL.COM JR450@AOL.COM
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 23:35:22 EDT

I service a 1992 Baldwin 6'3" model L. There is a very stubborn pinging or
sizzling sound in several keys in the tenor right next to the tenor treble
break that I cannot seem to get rid of. I've tried the usual things like
pulling up on the strings with a string hook, leveling the strings, mating the
hammers to the strings, seating the strings at the bridges, needling the
hammers. Nothing has helped. This piano has the Baldwin Accu-just hitch pin.
The downbearing seems excessive to me. Any ideas?