regarding ethics

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 01:02:22 -0400

Excellent advice from Bill Simon! One thing occurs to me. Some people
simply "test the water", by seeing if you'll play into the very thing(s)
they don't like. This may include additional tests on the no-no's --
religion, politics, dislike of cats, and so on. If you react per Bill's
suggestion, you're removing any ammunition they have to begin building a
similar case on you.

At 12:00 AM 9/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
><< horror stories...I am very uncomfortable in this discussion with the
>client, and
>I try my best to emphasize the other tuner's qualifications.>>
>
>My advice Mr. Dickson, is to mind your own ship, the other fellow will sink
>his. That is what they are telling you.
>
>I see no reason you should emphasize or denigrate his qualifications. When
>they tell you these things, just listen, then go on to something else. Just
>don't talk about him at all. It is difficult to do this when you are
trying to
>be friendly and personable, but it likely is the best course.
>
>Bill Simon
>Phoenix

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net