advice

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 19:13:39 EDT

<< They want me to tune four pianos together in four hours...........
   BUT...........
 The REVEREND has already complained about my taking four hours to tune
 because they have to pay rent on the auditorium during all time it's "in
 use", so probably doesn't even imagine paying full price for four
 tunings, and probably can't understand why a moved piano won't stay tuned
 the very next day.

 What would you do?????????

 Thanx

 Leslie Bartlett >>

Tell him I need 8 hours to tune the pianos, and if they don't want to pay, to
get another tuner.

Don't set yourself up for an ulcer, trying to work too fast to tune the pianos
in less time that you usually take, just because they don't want to pay for
the auditorium while you tune the pianos. I guess they don't want to pay for
the room while it is being set up, or the lights are fixed, etc. If they want
the pianos to be in tune, then that should be considered part of the "set up"
for the concert.

Wim