Action Spread

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 17:46:10 -0300

Hi List,
I notice that in the Piano Action Handbook, from PTG , that action
spread is not one of the measurements they have.
I have collected a few, and hope that others will fill in the blanks.
Baldwin   SD10 &SF12                                     4 31/64"
Baldwin   L, R, M, B & Chick.410, 507             4 27/64"
Baldwin MP                                                       4 7/16"

Kawai
109mm
Kimball    4500                                                  3 5/16"

Kimball    5200, 5800 & 6700                           4 29/64"
Samick
115mm
Young Chang                                                     4
7/16"                  112.5mm
That is all I could find in the Service Manuals I have. Some didn't even
mention it, and one said not to change it, but didn't tell what it
should be.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada