Autola by Horace Walter

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 08:32:40 EDT

<< Hi-
 Has anyone heard of this animal? So far, in my quest, this ($550) is
 the least expensive player piano I have seen advertised around here
 (VT). However, Pierce is most unhelpful. Ad says circa 1895. Is this
 an off the wall PSO, or will it be helpful to me as a learner, later to
 sell? Would appreciate any help, so I can make the phone call or
 not!! Ad says it works, but I really don't care as I want to mess with it!
 Clair >>

In my opinion, any piano that is one hundred years old is a candidate to be
called a PSO. No matter what condition this piano is in, unless it was rebuilt
within the last 25 years, this piano will need to have everything replaced in
order for it to work properly, especially the player mechanisim. If you want
to buy it for the purpose of learning how to rebuild a player, and a piano, it
is as good as any other piano.

Good Luck

Willem Blees