Bechstein

Peter Kestens KESTENS.P@Debcom.be
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 21:35:34 +0200

Elian,=20

I don't know anything about prices in America of Bechstein pianos.  But, =
as far as I know, it are very, very good pianos, perhaps always worth to =
rebuild.=20
I can tell you also Bechstein makes two series of pianos:  the first one =
is simply named Bechstein, the second one is C. (from concert) =
Bechstein.   I don't need to tell you the second one is quite a lot more =
expensive compared with the first one.  String scale and soundboard are =
different from both series of pianos.
Peter
KESTENS.P@DEBCOM.BE
BELGIUM
    -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
    Van: Alan W Deverell <aland@casa.co.nz>
    Aan: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
    Datum: zondag 20 september 1998 0:25
    Onderwerp: RE: Bechstein
   =20
    Elian - I am firmly of the opinion that Bechstein make the BEST =
upright pianos in the world - I was very tempted once in London but =
bought a Bechstein "C" Grand instead. You did NOT say what the model was =
so "taller-the-better" but even their smaller uprights are excellent.
    =20
    Somewhere I do have an old pricelist - if you're not in a great =
hurry I may find an opportunity to look it up for you. Bechsteins have =
been SOOoo expensive in USA that very few seem to be sold there in =
recent times.
    =20
    Sounds like this one has had some pretty regular use so YOU will =
have to judge the "current" value based upon replacement cost.
    =20
    You could also e-mail Bechstein for their advice.
    =20
    AlanD (Bechstein fan)