Humidity swings

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 22:34:13 EDT

<<
 Is it possible that all those school pianos had not been tuned during the
 winter?
 I have found a few of my clients who had (either through my neglect or
 theirs) not had a tuning in the winter, so they started the summer somewhere
 on the low side (maybe 10 or 15 cents).  That would just about do it.

Rob:

I think you may have  hit the nail on the head.  90% are tuned just once per
year in these school settings.  However, in past years when these same pianos
were quite (20-30cents sharp) for their summer tunings, they had also been
tuned just once per year.  I was just wondering if because Northeastern Ohio
had such a very mild winter, that could be the variable. Thanks for your
input.

Bob Bergantino,RPT
South Euclid, Ohio