Noisy key inserts

dvandrsn@ix.netcom.com dvandrsn@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 21:41:09 -0500 (CDT)

What are some favorite fixes for slightly pulley keys?  I've got a new one in
the field with some slight play, but given the hardness and lack of resiliency
of the maple insert, its noise problems seem to vary quite a bit with humidity
changes.  It is difficult to find a fix that will have any kind of longevity.
Is maple even the ideal material for these inserts?  I've had trouble with
this manufacturer before, especially when a player system is involved.  Manual
playing seems to keep the key in the same relative position on the pin, but
the solenoid rails tend to push the key back and forth, magnifying the
problem.

David V. Anderson, RPT
Rochester Hills, MI