Is this common?

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:01:22 -0500

I haven't seen that.  Is there lost motion?  Maybe the action shifted in
the brackets.  I would check for lost motion, balance rail stability, key
upstop rail/fallboard position and felt on rail/fallboard(could be pressing
on the keys).
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net

----------
> From: Jay/Deb Mercier <mercier@minnewaska.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Is this common?
> Date: Monday, September 22, 2098 8:57 AM
>

> I recently tuned a 5 yr-old Samick console.  The owner previously moved
the
> piano about a year ago (with the help of 3 others).  I don't know how
they
> moved it.
>
> I noticed that the top octave and a half was about 4-5 mm lower than the
> rest of the keyboard and a few keys throughout the keyboard were also
lower.

> Is this common after a move?  AND Is it common for a whole set of keys
(in
> this case an octave and a half) to slip that low on a 5-yr. old piano?
AND