Bush Whacker

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:18:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Robert Goodale wrote:

> I have been working on a baldwin SD-6. The last tech used one of these
> on ALL of the ballance rail buttons and absolutely ruined every one of
> them. The wood is all split now and they will require a complete
> replacement. How nice.

Exactly. I think some techs reason that the bush-whacker is good for busi-
ness. If they use it on a client's piano, the next time they service it
they can point to all the ruined key buttons, tell the client that they're
shot and that they'll have to be replaced! :)

If you do a lot of this kind of work, Jaras makes--or at least used to--a
device to aid in the replacement of key-buttons which works quite well.
There are others, too.

Les Snith