key click

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:53:03 -0600

Ed,
As the piano ages all felt will compress due to wear or constant pressure.
The keys are in this case most likely tapping the wood of the balance rail.
If that is the case and you are lucky, the felt that the keystick rests on
can be shimmed up with business card stock. That is if someone has not put
glue on all of the surface of the felt.
Joe Goss